RealWear Overview HMT-1™
Remote Mentor with RealWear HMT-1™ enables workers in the field to get assistance from experienced technicians ("mentors") via an enhanced two-way video call experience where the mentor can see and hear from the worker's point of view. The RealWear HMT-1™is a powerful, fully rugged Android computer that is worn on the head and replaces the touch screen with an articulated micro-display to simulate a 7-inch tablet screen.
No Shortage Of Expertise
The HMT-1™ platform enables mentors located anywhere in the world to see what the worker sees and coach them in real-time.
Providing Support For:
- Test & Inspection
- Maintenance & Repair
- Manufacturing & Assembly
- Unplanned downtime is expensive.
- Flying an expert to a jobsite is costly and time consuming.
- Face-to-face assistance cannot scale across your enterprise.
- Remote experts help get machines back online faster.
- Improve service levels and reduce travel costs.
- One remote mentor can help many workers who are onsite.
Remote Mentor Benefits:
- Mentor utilization
- Mentor/worker interactions
- Remote site connectivity
- Travel time & cost
- Training cost
- Errors & repeat visits
Capabilities With Remote Mentorship:
Capabilities vary by software provider and many not be supported by all applications. Capabilities to consider when selecting applications include:
- Initiate calls from either the remote mentor or worker
- Call using an address book or enter shared rooms
- Participate in calls using desktop or web software
- Include multiple participants
- Adjust audio and video quality
- Remotely control microphones and cameras
- Capture photos from the HMT-1™
- Record video from the HMT-1™
- Share the mentor's screen with workers
- Send documents to the worker's view
- Share notes on a whiteboard
- Shared typed messages
- Zoom in and out to examine details
- Annotate (telestrate) images
- Save photos and videos locally on the HMT or remotely