As the COVID-19 pandemic continues into late 2020 and into 2021, employers will need to help with contact tracing in the event that an employee is exposed to the coronavirus or tests positive for it.
Fortunately, there’s an easy way to conduct workplace contact tracing with Zebra’s MotionWorks® Proximity, a proven and innovative new solution that automates the entire process.
MotionWorks Proximity uses enterprise mobile devices, a simple software application, along with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth proximity tracking to automate and streamline contact tracing and the monitoring of social distancing.
Here’s how it works and how it delivers these timely benefits.
How It Works: MotionWorks Proximity
MotionWorks Proximity uses sanitized mobile devices to automate contact tracing and social distance monitoring.
- Workers select a sanitized mobile device at the start of their shift and pair it with a unique ID
- The device uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to automatically sense location
- For optimal performance, employees should wear the device on the front of their body
- Once their shift ends, they can return the device for sanitizing and disassociate it with their ID
Proximity Alerts to Increase Awareness of Close Contact
Zebra’s MotionWorks Proximity issues on-device alerts whenever workers are within 6 feet of each other for more than 60 seconds.
- Employee-worn devices sense each other when they’re within a range of 6 feet
- An initial alert occurs after 60 seconds of workers being within 6 feet of each other
- Proximity alerts are then issued every minute until employees separate
- A proximity event is logged when workers are within 6 feet over a period of 5 minutes
Proximity Events to Enforce Social Distancing
MotionWorks Proximity also gives authorized managers key data points and insights to remind workers to maintain distance.
- Proximity events are created when employees are within 6 feet of each for 5 or more minutes
- Duration data and identification information are collected and sent to the cloud
- Privacy is protected by using only employee numbers or other unique identifiers
- Proximity event reports and dashboards help managers enforce social distancing
Automated Contact Tracing for Exposure Identification
Zebra’s MotionWorks Proximity software provides access to a web-based contact tracing report that’s preconfigured for contact tracing. It allows you to efficiently identify the right individuals, see multiple levels of employee contacts, total duration, and a timestamp of each event—all with high accuracy and time-saving convenience.
Protection of Employee Identities
To ensure employee privacy, MotionWorks Proximity doesn’t track or require the use of employee names. The software allows you to associate worker identities with employee ID numbers or virtually any other unique identifier.
This way, user data can be anonymized, providing safe and professional insights into worker activity at the management level while supporting privacy regulations. No personal or medical information is collected or stored in the cloud application, and efficient workflow check-in processes allow you to quickly link a device to an employee and get them on their shift.
Designed for Easy and Flexible Deployment
You can quickly roll out MotionWorks Proximity to your existing supported Zebra devices, or you can purchase devices that are already configured and staged. The software is a cloud-based solution that is remotely installed and managed by Zebra, and it requires zero additional infrastructure.
It operates using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and it continues to generate sensing data and provide user-level alerts even if a device is out of Wi-Fi range. It then promptly loads data upon re-entry.
MotionWorks Proximity is available on a complete range of Zebra mobile computing devices, including the following models:
Contact AbeTech to Learn More About MotionWorks Proximity
To learn more about Zebra’s MotionWorks Proximity, get answers to your questions, and find out if this solution is the right fit for your business, contact AbeTech now.
We can schedule a virtual, live demo of the solution, and we can even conduct a complete site survey as well as a social distancing and contact tracing assessment for your business.