Have you ever been tempted to cut corners and pick your next device by cost alone? Yes, cost is a factor when upgrading your hardware… but look past the sticker price and you’ll find:
Sometimes the cheapest purchase price doesn’t mean the lowest cost.
Consider the total cost of ownership (TCO) of your mobile devices. Choosing the right device can save you money—and headaches—down the road. Avoid unexpected costs and downtime by choosing purpose-built, enterprise devices over lower-priced, consumer devices.
Enterprise devices vs. consumer devices
Consumer devices are smartphones or tablets that are available to the general public, like devices you may purchase from your cellphone carrier. The main use cases of these devices are making phone calls, taking photos, browsing the web and making video calls.
Sure, these devices have become advanced computers in our pockets and their features might seem impressive on paper, but the fact of the matter is, consumer-grade devices were not built to be used in harsh environments such as the production floor, warehouse or on a delivery vehicle.
Enterprise devices on the other hand are mobile computers and tablets designed specifically for people working in harsh environments. These workers need larger displays, rugged build-quality, access to replacement parts or service and bumper-to-bumper warranties.
Enterprise devices usually have a higher list price than their consumer-grade counterparts, but when you consider the total cost of ownership over the life of the device, you’ll find you actually save more in the long run.
The hidden costs of consumer devices
• Rapid device and technology obsolescence
• Irreplaceable batteries mean costly service center battery replacements every 18-24 months
• The need to purchase additional peripherals, software, or services
• Device downtime impacting productivity and customer service
• The high expense of replacement devices instead of repairs
The true value of enterprise devices
• Significantly lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
• Full shift battery power and user replaceable batteries
• Unstoppable durability
• Exceptional audio quality in loud environments
• Seamless roaming and lightning-fast connectivity for full speed workflows
• Best-in-class bar code and RFID scanning capabilities
Don’t sabotage your bottom line by choosing the lower sticker price
You need to make an informed decision about which devices will meet your needs and provide the right accessories, durability, connectivity, and warranty to reduce TCO.
Enterprise devices are designed with the features and flexibility to reduce your TCO far more than consumer devices. The choice to upgrade your devices should not be taken lightly, and AbeTech has the experts and experience to be your trusted advisor in the decision making process. We’re here to help, so reach out today to get started!